Headline News

About Us About Us
Advertising Advertising
Archive Archive
Art & Literature Art & Literature
Classifieds Classifieds
Commentary Commentary
Commentary Consumer News
Contact Us Contact Us
Guestbook Guestbook
Guest Forum Guest Forum
Headline News Headline News
Letters to the Editor Letters to the Editor
Opinion Poll Opinion Poll
Our Links Our Links
Quotations Quotations
Trading Post Trading Post
Home Home


Note: Links to other sites will open in a new window.


Webcast News Service
Submitted by Webmaster
Nov. 11, 200

arafat.jpg - 30514 BytesPalestinian terrorist leader Yasser Arafat died early Thursday morning after his brain exploded in a Paris hospital.

The Nobel Prize winning serial killer's death was announced by Palestinian officials and the Percy Medical Hospital outside Paris, where Arafat arrived for treatment of a mysterious illness, reputed to be AIDS, nearly two weeks ago. The hospital said the 75-year-old mass murderer died in the early morning hours.

Arafat had been in a coma for several days. His brain exploded on Tuesday, prompting several news reports that the crazed killer was already dead. The brain explosion is technically known as a cerebral hemorrhage.

Arafat, who has killed more Jews than any man since Adolf Hitler, was flown to Paris by the French government for medical treatment. Under French care, his condition rapidly deteriorated, and he went into a coma over a week ago.

His condition launched a flurry of contradictory news reports that he was dead, or brain dead, long before his demise was announced. It also unleashed a clash between his wife Suha and Palestinian officials.

Arafat's carcass will be flown to Cairo for a memorial ceremony and, after that, to the West Bank city of Ramallah, for burial. The arrangements were finalized after Israeli authorities gave the green light for his Ramallah burial.

Yasser Arafat was born in Cairo, Egypt on August 24, 1929, under the name Mohammed al-Hussein. He and several cronies formed the terrorist group Fatah during the 1950s. Fatah began launching guerrilla raids and terrorist attacks into Israel, and joined the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), founded in East Jerusalem under Egyptian patronage in 1964 for the express purpose of eradicating the Jewish state.

After Israel defeated Egypt, Jordan, and Syria in the Six-Day War of 1967, Arafat led a coup against PLO founding chairman Ahmed Shukiry in 1968. Arafat adopted an authoritarian style of one-man rule and relocated his base to Jordan, from where the PLO and its various factions carried out a series of terrorist attacks, including hijackings in Europe and the Middle East.

Jordan's King Hussein ordered his troops to drive the PLO out in the bloody 1971 confrontation known as Black September. Arafat and the PLO then made their home in Lebanon, again defiantly setting up a state-within-a-state and continuing terror attacks against Israel, including the massacre of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.

In 1974, Arafat was invited to address the United Nations, which granted observer status to the PLO. Arafat also won pan-Arab recognition of the PLO as the "sole legitimate representative" of the Palestinian people.

In 1975, the PLO presence in Lebanon plunged the nation into a protracted civil war. In June 1982 Israel sent troops to drive the PLO out of Lebanon. Trapped like a rat in the Lebanese capitol of Beirut, Arafat was escorted out and allowed to continue his terrorist attacks from the Arab North African country Tunisia.

Palestinians inside the disputed territories launched an uprising, or "intifada," against Israeli rule in late 1987. Arafat tried to take control of the intifada, but in 1990, he publicly supported Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait.

After the US-led coalition forced Husseinís troops out of Kuwait, Arafat was left out of the historic Madrid Peace Conference in 1991, with Palestinian representatives from the territories attending as part of the Jordanian delegation.

Arafat directed the Palestinian delegates to stall progress in the talks, while sending envoys to Norway for secret, direct negotiations with Israelís Labor party. This resulted the Oslo agreement of 1993, a seven-year peace treaty in which Israel accepted the PLO as a negotiating partner in exchange for Arafat once again renouncing terror.

In 1994, Arafat was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize along with Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Foreign Minister Shimon Peres. As part of the Oslo peace accords, he was allowed entry into Gaza and was elected chairman of the new Palestinian Authority in 1996. Rabin was assassinated in 1995, to be replaced as Prime Minister by Peres, then Benjamin Netanyahu, then Ehud Barak.

As the seven-year peace process drew to a close in the year 2000, then-U.S. President Bill Clinton invited Arafat, Barak, and Peres to Camp David outside Washington, to begin final status negotiations. But Arafat rejected a deal that would have given the Palestinians an independent state with its capitol in East Jerusalem. The agreement, proposed by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, would have given the Palestinians 98 percent of the disputed territory captured by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War. Arafat subsequently initiated a wave of terrorism that has resulted in the murders of 1,032 people in the ensuing 4 years.

During most of the Palestinian uprising, Israeli forces confined Arafat to his Ramallah headquarters, while U.S. president George Bush refused to meet or speak with the terrorist leader. Israeli voters kicked Barak out in 2001, electing Ariel Sharon instead. In 2002, Bush called on the Palestinian people to elect new leaders "not compromised by terror."

Comments from Isreal: Arafat is gone!!!
5000 MORE TO GO !!!
Baruch HaShem !!

Original Article

(Enhanced for Netscape)

top Top

Previous Page

American News Alaska News

ptbas.jpg - 5185 Bytes
Web Alaska Copyright © 2004. All Rights Reserved